The MLC School Society (Mylapore Ladies’ Club) established a Kindergarten Section on 3rd February, 1956 to accommodate the boys in Mylapore and its environs.
The first president of the society was Sister Subbalakshmi, supported by Shri Subbaraya Aiyar, a leading lawyer of his time, and Mrs. Padmini Chari, Educationist. Thus the school was born through the efforts of the three, and Vidya Mandir Matriculation School was formally opened in 1960.
The MLC School Society was registered in 1957, and the properties of the club were transferred to it. Sister R. S. Subbalakshmi and Mrs V K T Chari, were Founder President and Correspondent respectively, Shri. M Subbaraya Aiyar became the Secretary of the school.